CareInstructions.info collects the best of the past and present for a better, more livable future. The online portal provides high value content paired with high design serving the community to form better habits for collective impact.
The terms and conditions set forth below (“Terms”) govern Your use of the website and services offered at and by CareInstructions.Info (collectively, the “Site” or “Services”). Please carefully review these Terms, as these Terms are legally binding with respect to all activities and services relating to the Site, and constitute a binding agreement between you and CareInstructions.Info. Be aware that some of these terms survive your use of the Site.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE AND THE RELATED SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE RELATED SERVICES SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY EACH OF THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW.
You agree that CareInstructions.Info may make changes to the Terms and Services offered on this Site at any time. We will notify you of such revisions by posting an updated version of these terms on the Site, and disclosing new Terms elsewhere on the Site when appropriate. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms. Your continued use of the Site and the associated services shall constitute your consent to such changes to the Terms. Where applicable and necessary under law, use of the Site shall constitute a writing signed by you.
By using the Site, including by simply viewing it, you agree to these Terms. You agree the Terms are solely between you (and any person or entity you expressly represent to be acting as an agent for) and CareInstructions.Info. Failure to maintain compliance with the Terms may result in losing access to the Site.
Content and Intellectual Property
CareInstructions.Info respects intellectual property rights and is careful in procuring the content of the Site. CareIntructions.Info seeks to obtain consent of all rightsholders prior to publishing any written content or imagery on the Site unless said content is in the public domain. Do not presume that CareInstructions.Info’s consent to use the content grants you permission to use the consent. Except for the content published with permission, the content that is in the public domain, or content otherwise denoted as owned by another individual or entity, all data and materials on the Site, including without limitation text, software, graphics, logos, trade names, trademarks, designs, photos, music, videos, and all other audible, visual or downloadable materials, as well as the selection, organization, coordination, compilation and overall look and feel of the Site (collectively, “Site Content”) are the intellectual property of CareInstructions.Info. Site Content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws regardless of whether intellectual property notices appear on such Site Content and regardless of whether such intellectual property notices have been filed with government agencies, and all ownership rights remain with us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to Site Content. Except as provided in these Terms, Site Content may not be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, copied, reproduced, transferred, displayed, reposted, transmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast or circulated or otherwise used without the express written permission of CareInstructions.Info. In regard to the content for which CareInstructions.Info obtained permission, CareInstructions.Info cannot give permission for use, but may, in some circumstances, put you in contact with the rightsholder. If you wish to request permission to use any Site Content in a manner otherwise prohibited under these Terms, please contact Permissions@CareIntstructions.Info.
The Site are not directed at children. Children under the age of 13 should not attempt to use or access Site.
Registration and Your Account
Visitors to the Site may view content on the Site, broadly defined as any text, graphics, other materials or information uploaded, downloaded or otherwise accessible through the Site (“Content”). Visitors to the Site may open an account as a “User.” When you successfully register with us, you will be required to create an account on the Site that uses your e-mail address as your username and you must pick a password. You should not disclose your username or password to any third party. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or account, please contact us immediately. You may be required to login in order to use certain parts of the Site. We reserve the right to reject any registration and/or revoke any User account solely at our discretion.
Use of the Site and Restrictions
You may not use the Services and may not accept these Terms if you are not of legal age to form a contract with CareInstructions.Info or if using the Services is a violation of any local laws in the area or region from which you are accessing the Services. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the Site and the services available through our Site. In addition, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
• Register for more than one account, or register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself or on behalf of any group or entity;
• Submit content that in our judgment is objectionable, such as content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or otherwise objectionable, or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type;
• Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
• Transmit, email or post any content that contains in any form software viruses or such programs as including, but not limited to, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• Use the Services in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services, including but not limited to interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, User accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means;
• Attempt to modify, adapt, translate, hack, decompile or reverse engineer any portion of the Services;
• Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve, scrape or index any portion of the Site, except as expressly authorized by, provided that, unless otherwise determined by, the foregoing restrictions generally will not apply to automated processes used solely for indexing and hyperlink purposes by general purpose search engines or for indexing and archiving purposes by non-commercial public archives;
• Copy any part of the Services without the express permission of the CareInstructions.info, remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from the Site or any copy thereof without the express permission of CareInstructions.info, or cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, or translation of the Site without the express permission of CareInstructions.info;
• Upload, post or disseminate content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or infringes any intellectual property law or any other applicable law;
• Take any steps to interfere with or in any manner compromise or circumvent any of our privacy or security measures;
• Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Users, including usernames, from the Services by electronic or other means;
• Use the Site or our products and services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site; or
• Submit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Third Party Content and Links
Modification and Termination
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you at our sole discretion. You agree that the CareInstructions.info will not be liable to you or any third party for possible consequences of any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
By accepting these Terms, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless the CareInstructions.Info, its directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, costs, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees) in connection with: (a) any claim due to or arising out of your violation of these Terms, including but not limited to a claim arising out of a breach of your representations or warranties made hereunder; (b) your use of and access to the Site; or (c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. We reserve the right to assume, at our sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any claim, action or other matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and all negotiations for settlement or compromise thereof, and you agree to fully cooperate with us in the defense of any such claim, action, settlement or compromise negotiations, as requested by the CareInstructions.Info.
The Site and the products and services are provided “as is” and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. CareInstructions.Info and our respective officers, directors, agents, employees and suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information provided on the Site and We expressly disclaim liability for any errors or omissions in such information. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site or any of our Services, and the operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. We do not guarantee or promise any specific results from use of the Site and/or our products and services. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site or the products or services available through it.
Limitations on Liability
You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents and your use of the products and services is at your own risk. In no event shall we be held liable for any damages, including direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with the Site or any linked site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if we, or our respective representatives are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
• The section titles of the Terms are displayed for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
• The failure of the CareInstructions.info to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
• If any provision of the Terms or any incorporated documents are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should attempt to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
• You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there will be no third party beneficiaries to this agreement.
• You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of these Terms or your use of the Site.
• We may assign our rights and delegate our obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. You may not assign any of your rights or delegate your obligations under these Terms to any other person. Any attempt by you to do so is void. You further understand and agree that your User account is non-transferable by you and any rights to your password or other contents of your User account terminate upon your death.
• You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Please send any questions, concerns or comments, or report violations of the Terms to us at Comments@CareInstructions.Info.
What Information we collect. The types of personal information we collect depends on the services you use. The information includes:
• Your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and date of birth.
• CareInstructions.Info may also collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you use CareInstructions.Info. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information which, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. Non-Personally Identifiable Information which we store may include, without limitation, website pages viewed, site visited before coming to the website, browser type, operating system, device type (mobile, tablet or desktop), organization name, articles, presentation and videos viewed, time spent viewing CareInstructions.Info or using certain features of the website, demographic data such as server locations clickstream data, cookies existing on your computer, search criteria used and results, date and time of access or visits to the Website, frequency of visits to the Website, connection speed, and other information through automated tracking technologies, some of which are discussed below, and CareInstructions.Info may combine this automatically collected information with other information CareInstructions.Info collects about you. CareInstructions.Info does this to analyze use of the services it offers and to improve CareInstructions.Info services.
How we collect information. We collect information about you:
• Directly from you when you register on the Site and use the Site and our products and services; fill out forms or fields; through the services you opt in to; and your communications with us.
• Automatically from you when you visit the Site or use the products and services available on the Site:
o We collect certain information from your computer, mobile phone or other access device that is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Site;
o We automatically record certain log file information such as IP address, browser type, and what you do on our Site;
o We may also employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users;
o We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to you to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients;
o We (or companies we work with) may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device.
o You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. The help legal section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies.
• From third party referral partners that you engage with who may pass certain information about you and your use of their service to us. This information could include any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before visiting the Site.
How we use the information we collect. We collect this information from or about you in order to:
• provide you and other customers with access to the products and services offered through the Site;
• improve our insights so we can tailor our content and advertising, and provide you with offer recommendations and/or insights that are most relevant to you;
• provide notices and other information to you about, or in connection with, these products and services;
• provide customer support;
• detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, fulfill legal requirements and enforce our agreements;
• debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• provide, maintain, develop and improve our services, your experience, and to protect CareInstructions.info and its users; and
• improve your experience accessing the products and services offered through the Site by recognizing you as a customer and remembering information you previously provided so that you will not have to re-enter it.
How we share your information. We may share information you provide to us amongst our affiliated entities. If the Services you use are exclusively provided by one of the entities, you have the right to limit the other affiliated entities from contacting you for marketing purposes.
CareInstructions.info will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties and only shares your personal information with third parties as described above.
How we protect your information. We care about the security of your information and take reasonable measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Data Breaches. CareInstructions.Info takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of data. Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to CareInstructions.Info, in some cases, data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge involved with the operation of CareInstructions.Info (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary as Data Processors by CareInstructions.Info. The updated list of these parties may be requested from CareInstructions.Info at any time.
CareInstructions.Info safely secures personal information from misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and loss by ensuring a level of security appropriate to the risk of information. Such levels of security include encrypting and pseudonymizing personal data wherever possible and considering all other technical and administrative procedures, generally accepted practices in the industry. Personal Information is additionally stored on secured severs.
However, despite CareInstructions.Info’s best efforts nothing can guarantee 100% security of your information. If you have any questions concerning the protection of your personal information, please contact CareInstructions.Info.
In the event of a data beach, CareInstructions.Info will notify the corresponding supervising authority within seventy-two (72) hours of learning of the breach or after 72 hours with an explanation for the delay, to the supervising authority.
CareInstructions.Info may be allowed to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, CareInstructions.Info may be obliged to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, all Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Your Rights and Data Protection. You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Information processed and retained by CareInstructions.Info. In particular you have the right to:
• Be informed. You have the right to know what rights and protections are offered to you as a consumer and/or user of CareInstructions.Info.
• Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Information.
• Object to processing of your data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
• Access your Data. You have the right to learn if your data is being processed by CareInstructions.Info, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and Seek Rectification. You have the right verify the accuracy of your Personal Information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of your Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data. In this case, CareInstructions.Info will not process your data for any other purpose than storing it.
• Have your Personal Information deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from CareInstructions.Info.
• Receive your Data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which CareInstructions.Info is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
• Not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Details about the right to object to Processing.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the CareInstructions.Info or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CareInstructions.Info, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, should your Personal Information be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether CareInstructions.Info is processing Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document or contact CareInstructions.Info.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to CareInstructions.Info through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by CareInstructions.Info as early as possible and always within one month. However, CareInstructions.Info may refuse or charge for any request that is unfounded or excessive. CareInstructions.Info will notify you of the refusal and the basis of that refusal and that you will have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy within one month of the request.
Children’s privacy. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users. The Site and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information promptly. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at Legal@CareInstructions.Info.
Information for California consumers. This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name and contact information), demographic information (such as age and gender), commercial information (such as products purchased), internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior), geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as customer support calls), and inferences we make (such as preferred activities). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the “What information we collect” section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How we use information” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “What information we share” section above.
Subject to certain exemptions, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. If your information falls into one of the legal exemptions included in the CCPA, we may be unable to fulfill your request.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Takedown Procedures
To file a notice of infringing material on the CareInstructions.Info website, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed;
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Then send this notice to